Sunday, July 12, 2015

Butt...Chair...Coffee...Type: This writer's motto.

Happy Sunday July 12th! Not a holiday, yet it's my blog's new birthday. Have some cake.


Confession time: I'm not good at this blog thing. At all.

In fact, it's been so long since I wrote something, I feel like a bear coming out of hibernation, emerging from my cave after a long, blog-less sleep.

Technology and me...have a rocky relationship. I love it, and I hate it. Mostly due to the fact that I stink at it.

However, in my quest to catapult this dream of being a successful author—you know like the one's who not only write incredible books, but who are visible and active on social media?  (Ahem...not I.) Well here goes:

The first of my new leafs - to blog about stuff I like, and maybe you do too. Often. Things like writing life, music, food..Marines (love the heroes in my stories).
And being an American. Something I am so proud to be I bleed red, white and blue (not really)


I start each day with the motto above.  Butt. Chair. Coffee. Type. For my measly followers on Twitter and Facebook, you may have seen it? No? Well, it's simple really.

I get myself into my desk chair with a cup (the first of many) of coffee and start typing.  Easily done. Routine. No cardio involved, and something I look forward to.

RWA - Romance Writers of America, has an annual conference. It's big. Tons of authors attend. There are workshops galore, book signings and cocktail parties and pitching to agent and editors. And...I. AM. GOING! This year it's in NYC. Practically my backyard.

Will you be attending?  I hope to get every bit of information in my hot little hands about moving forward in my author's journey.  Come along with me. I'll buy you a cup of coffee too!

Thanks for visiting. Drop a comment if you want. Would love to chat!
~Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    Happy blog birthday! Big steps toward publication are always fun and scary. Good luck at Nationals. I look forward to hearing what you thought about it.

    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mia..you are my first commenter ever! Hugs, my friend. Thanks for the luck. Will keep you (and all) posted about Nationals.

      Delete
  2. I'd personally love
    to be One with you, dear,
    in Seventh-Heaven as we
    RITE in our large library;
    we'd travel to the ends
    of the universe, miss gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete